Hospitals accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) are recognized among the finest in the industry, and are consistently at the forefront of advanced veterinary medicine. Our Standards of Accreditation are continuously reviewed and updated to keep our accredited practices on the cutting edge of veterinary excellence. Our standards address patient care and pain management, surgery, pharmacy, laboratory, exam facilities, medical records, cleanliness, emergency services, dental care, diagnostic imaging, anesthesiology, and continuing education. To maintain accredited status, hospitals undergo comprehensive on-site evaluations every three years.
What makes a veterinary hospital AAHA accredited?
AAHA has developed over 900 standards of veterinary excellence that hospitals are evaluated on as a part of the voluntary AAHA accreditation process.
- AAHA standards prevent the spread of disease
- AAHA standards require anesthesia monitoring equipment
- AAHA standards help your pet receive quality surgical care
- AAHA standards require preparation for emergencies
- AAHA standards strive to keep pets safe during dental procedures
- AAHA standards recommend continuing education
You can read more about our AAHA Accreditation here. Feel free to ask our veterinarians about this important accreditation during your next visit. Schedule an appointment by calling us at (703) 753-4444 or requesting one online.